I’ve decided to start a Patreon page. With it, I intend to feature humor posts in addition to what I post here, as well as giveaways, contests, and perks/rewards to you, dear reader.
If you’re not familiar with Patreon, it’s a website where people support their favorite content creators, bloggers, artists, podcasters, Youtubers, and musicians on a monthly basis. In return for their support, the content creators give out neat-o rewards, perks, and behind-the-scenes stuff.
While blogging doesn’t take a lot of expense, it does take time. And time is something I’m in short supply of, after my day job and various other projects I have going on. Your support will help to free up that time to devote to writing more for you. Let me be a slave to your funny bone.
If it’s not your thing, don’t worry. Nothing will change in regards to receiving your regular dose of the funnies from your pal Rachel. This is just an extra set of awesome-ness for my patrons.
Here are some of the rewards I’m offering:
- Exclusive humor posts, polls, giveaways, and contests
- I’ll follow you on Twitter
- Give me a word and I’ll work it into a post
- Embarrassing confessionals about me, which may or may not be true
- I’ll tweet out by name how awesome you are
- You pick something I rant about
- Be featured on my Wall of Patrons by name or anonymous, with or without your website included
- Have a hour-long chat with me
- And more! (see the page for more details on the above items)
Because, let’s face it, Oprah showering me with cash won’t happen for a while yet. Although I’m still hoping to experience that sweet, sweet Oprah-ness.
Thank you to everyone who reads this blog on a regular basis. Even down to the people who read and reblog/retweet/share, it means so much to me. This is doing what I love, and I’m so glad that you all can share that journey with me.
Even if you don’t wish to do anything with it, consider checking out the Patreon page. I put a few viewable-by-everyone posts that are brand new and particularly Rachel-y. Just scroll down for them.
If nothing else, please enjoy this picture of a dog in a blanket.